NGP is an active investor in:
- Energy companies operated by experienced "owner-managers" and entrepreneurs who are looking for a strategic relationship with an experienced financial partner in the industry.
- Energy companies focused on property acquisition and development as well as companies operating in the midstream and oilfield services sectors.
- Start-up opportunities or institutions that require capital to grow or to complete acquisitions.
Since 1988, NGP has invested in over 260 transactions throughout the energy industry. While our portfolio is comprised primarily of private enterprises, we disclose our involvement with companies that are publicly listed or otherwise disclose our ownership to the public domain.
Sample of Current Portfolio Companies:
NGP's investment in more than 160 companies has made us one of the preeminent investment franchises in the energy business. We believe our consistent and supportive approach has become the standard for the private equity industry in the energy space.
Significant Former Portfolio Companies:
NGP was a founding equity sponsor of the following companies that became publicly-traded during NGP's time of ownership:
Other Select Exited Investments
- Encore Acquisition Company – North American acquisition and development company. NGP sold its stake in 2001. On November 2, 2009, Encore Acquisition Company was acquired by Denbury Resources.
- HS Resources – Rocky Mountain acquisition and development company. NGP sold its stake in 1997. HS Resources was acquired by Kerr McGee on May 15, 2001.
- Prize Energy – Texas acquisition and development company. Prize Energy was acquired by Magnum Hunter Resources on March 12, 2002.
- Titan Exploration – Texas acquisition and development company. NGP sold its stake in 1999. Titan Exploration merged with a unit of Unocal to form Pure Resources on May 26, 2000.
- Western Oil Sands – Canadian oil sands company. NGP sold its stake in 2001. Western Oil Sands was acquired by Marathon Oil Company on October 18, 2007.